Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
1st Shift Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Schedule: 1st Shift, Sunday-Thursday, 10am-6pm. Must be available
to be on call.
Location: 777 Freeport Pkwy Ste 110
Coppell, Texas 75019-4449
Benefits after 30 days!
Value. Respect. Investment in You.
The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are
dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance teams keep things running, our business in
motion and our customers successful.
Our Ammonia Refrigeration Technicians are known for their
dedication and commitment to ensuring stability and optimum
performance within our cold storage areas of operation we are
focused on safety, preventative maintenance, and cost savings
What's different about working with Gordon Food Service?
- Our investment in our people - each year we dedicate time,
money, and resources to ensure your training and certifications are
up to date.
- Tools - we provide most of the larger tools and ask that you
bring only the basics.
- Best Practices - from our rooftop ventilation systems,
compressors, and other engineering designs we lead the industry in
our operational structure and design
- Teamwork - with a spirit of teamwork, camaraderie, and support
you'll find those you work with to partner with you.
- Values - in our "everyone is important" environment, our people
make the difference - and we value and support each person for
their own professional & personal success
Core responsibilities include:
- Inspect, monitor and maintain all ammonia refrigeration
- Complete daily preventive maintenance and reports as tasks are
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local agencies,
including OSHA and the EPA
- Collaborate with the Safety Coordinator to develop and
implement written Process Safety Manual (PSM) and Risk Management
Plan (RPM) programs
- Operate and maintain all facility heating and air conditioning
- Trouble shoot electrical problems
To be considered for this position:
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Technical or Refrigeration Engineers Technician Association
(RETA) certification preferred
- HAZMAT certification is preferred
- CARO or CIRO certification preferred
- Two years previous operating anhydrous ammonia systems OR
HVAC/R experience - or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience required
- Effective communication skills, influential at all levels
within the organization
- Must have knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations,
including OSHA and EPA with experience writing PSM
- Experience in working safety/evacuation planning and training
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Bedford , Ammonia Refrigeration Technician, Professions , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!