IT Technician - State National
Company: Markel Corporation
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Company Information: What we look for Our exceptional and
motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees
provide the highest level of customer service and help maintain our
position as a leader in the global marketplace. Markel Style The
Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's
our core value which should underpin how we do business, while
influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people
who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style,
which is described in more detail below. If you think you have
these core attributes we want to hear from you. Job Summary:
Provide support and assistance to users for PCs, laptops, handheld
devices, and PC software. Essential Functions:
- Provide support for SNC PC applications (MS Office, MS Outlook,
Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve user PC/Laptop, handheld devices
hardware and software problems.
- Support corporate administrative users of Windows PCs, thin
clients, laptops, tablets and handheld devices.
- Purchase, configure, and install PCs, laptops, handheld
devices, and related equipment.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory records.
- Coach/train users one-on-one and in small groups regarding
effective use of PC hardware and software in a Windows
- Evaluate and implement new PC software for all
- Track software licenses.
- Provide day-day support for printers, copiers, automated
signature machine and fax machines.
- Work with vendors and other secondary support.
- Have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Virtualization and
Microsoft VPN. Additional Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for copiers, printers, automated
signature machine and fax machines
- Be on call 24/7 on a rotating bases
- Be available to work an occasional weekend or after hours
- Change shifts on an as needed bases depending on the company's
- College degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong desire to achieve Microsoft Certified Desktop Support
Technician (MCDST) Certification within first six months of hire
- Continue to seek various other hardware and Microsoft
- Have basic knowledge and be able to: configure, troubleshoot,
repair, and/or perform maintenance of Windows PC/laptop and tablets
hardware along with having confident understanding of Windows
operating systems both current and previous versions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and take direct
orders from superiors
- Having knowledge of Apple IOS would be beneficial "Why work for
us?" Diversity and inclusion Markel is truly a global and diverse
company. We believe that diversity makes us better business
partners and that embracing people's differences can bring amazing
results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and
product lines that operate around the world. Community involvement
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the
world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back
is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this
philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors Markel is committed to creating the best
work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing
business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of
our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a
component of the Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a
conversation between a manager and an employee. Entrepreneurial
spirit As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for
a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates
proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further
success to Markel.
Keywords: Markel Corporation, Bedford , IT Technician - State National, Professions , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!