Company: Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job SummaryPerforms day-to-day activities of the housekeeping
and maintenance department in accordance with current Federal,
State, and Local standards, guidelines and regulations governing
our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or
supervisor. Responsible for total floor care and facility
maintenance to ensure a clean, safe and comfortable
- Follows work assignments from supervisor and follows schedule
to wash, seal, wax and buff all floors in the facility.
- Performs assignments from supervisor which could include
maintenance tasks, not limited to, checking and replacing light
bulbs, cleaning lint from dryers, vents and registers in resident
rooms and other areas; Keeps grounds cleared of debris. Sweeps
front entrance and patio areas, cleans ash trays, and ensure
outside furniture is clean and usable; Hoses out garbage cans;
Washes windows and screens outside the building as assigned;
Assists with lubricating potty-chair, wheelchairs, shower chairs,
wheeled Geri chairs, drug carts, etc.
- Performs a variety of general housekeeping/cleaning duties in
various areas to maintain the center in a sanitary, safe,
attractive, and orderly condition.
- Receives assignments from supervisor and follows cleaning
schedule as outlined for housekeeping department to clean offices,
handicap and visitor's restrooms, activity room, kitchen restroom,
service entrance and therapy room, entrances and exits, utility
areas, closets, lounges, lobbies, halls, etc.; Performs emergency
- Cleans, dusts, washes, and disinfects all fixtures, floors,
walls, doors, and ceilings, as required; Scours and polishes water
fountains, sinks, mirrors, glass panels in doors and partitions,
brass and movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures; Changes
slip covers, scarves, doilies, etc. when soiled and arranges
furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion; Cleans ledges,
shelves, vents, windows, window sills, etc.; Removes and re- hangs
curtains, drapes, and dividers for cleaning when needed;
Replenishes soap and towels in appropriate receptacles.
- Clean furnishings and horizontal surfaces to remove dust and
- Works with residents, nurses, physicians, department leaders
and other staff members regarding environmental services requests,
infection prevention, service resolution opportunities, and other
interdepartmental matters. Provides timely follow-up for
information to requesting departments. Communicates and consults
with management on best practices.
- Performs housekeeping/cleaning duties and maintenance tasks as
defined in the environmental program.
- Obtains list of rooms and areas to be cleaned immediately and
list of prospective admissions and/or discharges to maintain room
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
disinfecting, etc.; Ensures that appropriate caution/safety signs
are properly set up prior to performing such duties.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment,
tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as
before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the
- Clean carpets with appropriate machine and chemicals; Perform
floor care on tile floor using appropriate machine and chemicals;
Follows procedures for stripping and waxing floors.
- Monitors and replenishes cleaning products as required;
Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies; Uses industrial
cleaning equipment and products; Utilizes supplies and equipment
properly and without waste; Returns any unused supplies to proper
area; Leaves soiled materials and trash in designated areas, and
cleans carts and equipment.
- Supports the housekeeping/laundry department and fulfills
vacant position to meet center needs.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.Qualifications
- Highschool diploma or equivalency preferred.
- One year's work experience in a commercial establishment with
knowledge of laundry/housekeeping procedures.
Keywords: Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation Center, Bedford , Floor Technician, Professions , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!