Certified Surgical Technician (Pool) - Texas Health Surgery Center, Be
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Location: US-TX-BedfordType: Pool# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
At Texas Health Surgery Center Bedford, we put Clinical First---.
We are proud to offer quality care, specialized equipment, and
advanced technology in a safe, family-friendly environment. Our
clinical professionals strive to be among the best providers in the
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR US:
- We promote flexible schedules
- Our benefits begin on day one of employment
- We are committed to having a healthy work environment
- We are committed to work-life balance
- Our team members are encouraged to volunteer and work on
- We host social events and group activities throughout the
- We promote and encourage self-care
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Certified Surgical Technician to
join our team!
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating
room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Bedford , Certified Surgical Technician (Pool) - Texas Health Surgery Center, Be, Professions , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!