The Tax Operations Analyst is responsible for monitoring and
maintaining diverse loan servicing operational processes with
specific tasks related to tax, year end processing, escheatment
management and natural disaster. The ideal candidate should be
analytical with some data and/or lending experience. The candidate
should be able to balance long term projects with daily task
requests for information. The candidate should be able to interact
effectively and professionally with individuals across all levels
of the organization.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technical advice for 1098 and 1099
- Field questions from BLS personnel regarding item that effect
1098 & 1099 reporting.
- Prepare tax compliance forms as required.
- Research and document in memo format various tax issues that
- Accountable for the integrity and accuracy of year end
- Research all tax related inquiries related to the servicing
- Provide assistance in the escheatment process of identifying
and remitting unclaimed property to a state authority.
- Provide assistance with tasks associated with federally
declared natural disasters to ensure all guidelines followed and
required timelines are met.
- Documentation of process/procedure - work flow BLS.
- Assist with data analysis and data validation for new and
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the
effective use of applications to effectively execute on the loan
servicing operation processes.
- Question every process and procedure to insure full
understanding of the purpose of each task.
- Identify areas to improve of become more efficient by
identifying data gaps for business user provided data.
- Effectively communicate with the appropriate internal and
external business and technical customers for information gathering
and follow up.
- Other duties as needed or required
- MSP & Servicing Director experience.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Basic accounting and reconciling skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must have a high level of adaptability to change priorities as
required; effective time management skills.
- Ability to effectively query various database platforms to
extract required information.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work in a highly paced and dynamic environment
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with Lender Processing MSP
system and loan servicing operations.
- 1 - 3 years direct experience analyst experience in a loan
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to
talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects
of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other
category protected by federal, state, or local law.