State National Computer Operator
Company: Markel Corporation
Posted on: May 31, 2021
What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest
strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in
the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our
competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do
business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are
looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live
the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from
Run production computer operations jobs in the day shift (2:00
pm - 10:30 pm).
- Run batch production jobs on HP Unix and Windows servers.
- Print and distribute production reports.
- Back-up key files daily.
- Check and document key production control statistics.
- Log, control, and process incoming files from customers.
- Set up new and maintenance existing clients in Operations
- Handle maintenance changes to scripts for account files and
- Perform other routine production/distribution tasks.
- Process outgoing Billing files to customers on a daily
- Daily logging of hours worked in Payroll system.
- Performs routine assignments in the entry level of the
Professional Career Band
- Typically requires a college or university degree or the
equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to
fundamental theories, principles and concepts
- Develops competence by performing structured work
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others
- College degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- At least 1+ year of production computer operations experience
in a Unix or Windows environment.
- Willingness to work Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm until
- Demonstrated reliability, conscientiousness, and willingness to
expend whatever effort is feasible to maintain stable production
- Excellent dependability, controls consciousness, and attention
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
"Why work for us?"
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that
diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing
people's differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation.
We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate
around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the
world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back
is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this
philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our
open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as
they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and
global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the
Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a conversation
between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a
better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates
proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further
success to Markel.
Keywords: Markel Corporation, Bedford , State National Computer Operator, Other , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!