Desktop Support Specialist
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Provide intermediate desktop support on a variety of issues through
identification, research, and resolution of technical problems.
Manage assigned tickets and phone calls using best practices,
excellent communication skills and IT department procedures for
technical support. Review and complete assigned tickets within
established Service Level Agreement (SLA). Promote excellent
customer relations in every customer transaction, contact and
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Perform general technical support and troubleshooting of
desktop systems hardware and software, local telephony, truck
systems, printers, multi-function printers, scanners, video
conferencing systems, mobile devices and other technologies as
defined and required.
- Investigate system issues and provide solutions using specific
product knowledge, system tools and established methods and
procedures. Document solutions and maintain ticket information and
transactions as required and within established SLA.
- Work with desktop engineering to design and refine desktop
configurations. Plan, test and implement new or revised desktop
- Work with the team to resolve high level hardware and software
- Resolve intermediate problems, provide remote assistance,
document and manage tickets as call load dictates and within
- Lead and participate in desktop, peripheral, building moves,
additions, support and other projects as defined and required.
- Work with Desktop Engineering to maintain accurate hardware and
- Provide process, procedure and technical training to Associate
Desktop Support and Help Desk Specialists as required.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams.
- Proactively complete assigned tasks of medium to high
complexity resulting in successful, on time, high quality
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- At least A+ or Net+ or one higher technical certification
- Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email. with
common enterprise infrastructure protocols and services including
LAN/WAN, Active Directory, networking and Voice over IP
- Proficiency with using Windows 10, Mac OSX, and Windows Mobile
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Active Directory & DNS
- PC hardware & Network connectivity
- Telecommunications principles
- Usage of Altiris CMS and Service Desk
- McAfee Antivirus software
- PGP Encryption software
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A valid driver s license as well as a good driving record is
Associate s degree. College technical school degree or equivalent
work experience is required.
Related Work Experience
3 years Desktop support experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
CompTIA A+ is a plus.
Computer Science or MIS Technical Certification
Able to carry 20 lbs - 30 lbs
Travel may be required to remote area locations as required
Associated topics: client, deskside, desktop, front desk, patient,
pc, systems administrator, technical, technician i, technician
Keywords: Spectrum, Bedford , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!