Human Resources Assistant
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Human Resources Assistant, under the direction of the
Director of Human Resources, provides administrative support to the
human resources function to include, but not limited to,
recruitment and retention of staff, benefits administration,
orientation of staff, worker's compensation, and policy
administration. This position is focused on primarily
transactional, as opposed to strategic, human resource functions.
The Human Resources Assistant functions as a receptionist to the
Human Resources department. This position assists with data entry
and online employee license verification. The Human Resources
Assistant is the front line for providing customer service to
employee and manager needs. The Human Resources Assistant assists
in federal, state, and Joint Commission survey preparedness
activities. The Human Resources Assistant must have very strong
organizational skills, the ability to keep employee information
confidential, and have strong computer skills.Job Code:
100177License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR
certification preferred.Education, Vocational Training and
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Human Resources,
Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may
substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of one year of administrative support/secretarial
experience, preferably in Human Resources and/or healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
preferred.Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.Physical Requirements:
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be
requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken
which exceeds these minimum requirements.Compliance:
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
applicable.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.Environmental
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.Proficiency or
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
supervisor.Address: 2304 State Highway 121, Bedford 76021Shift: Day
JobSchedule: Full-timeJob ID: 2028655
Keywords: Encompass Health, Bedford , Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!