Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RN - Dialysis
Company: US Renal Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RNOUR MISSION
At U.S. Renal Care, we're changing the lives of everyone living
with kidney disease.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH
At USRC, we are building a culture of diversity and inclusion where
each employee has a voice, and every team member is valued for
their individual talents. Our common purpose is the pursuit of
excellence for our patients and our shared values lived out through
compassion for one another.
A PATH FOR SUCCESS
When you join U.S. Renal Care, your journey begins with training
programs to set each new employee on a course for success. Ongoing
development ensures every team member remains fully supported and
empowered to chart their career path towards growth and
INSPIRATION and GROWTH
USRC is also dedicated to open communication that fosters dialogue
and understanding of our vision and goals. We recognize and reward
innovation to inspire one another as we endeavor to lead our
industry in the highest quality of care for our patients.
Qualified candidates with prior peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis
experience may be eligible for up to $5,000 signing bonus -
candidate's work experience will determine the amount of signing
* A Home Therapy Nurse trains peritoneal dialysis patients
* We Will Train - we can train any type of nursing background!
* Work Schedule - Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm; Modified
schedules are possible based on patient caseload at the
* Competitive on call pay when placed in call rotation
* Holidays - Home Training Nurses rarely work a holiday.
USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis industry
is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences in our
diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top talent and
creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and culture at all
levels of our organization.
The Home Therapy Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and
state regulations, provides patient training and ongoing support
for all patients choosing a home dialysis modality. This position
is accountable for providing quality care to all patients and is
committed to delivering superior customer service in all internal
and external interactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
* Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient
* Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of self-care
Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal and state
regulations governing Registered Nurse qualifications.
* Conduct home visits to assess the patient's home environment per
policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter. Routinely
evaluate patient performance and assess the home environment more
frequently as needed to improve care.
* Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
* Document all nursing services in the Electronic Medical Record
including but not limited to training sessions, routine and
non-routine in-person interactions, and phone conversations.
Documentation should accurately reflect the patient status and
nursing interventions and be written to ensure continuity of
* Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and
recording as requested.
* Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
operational procedures. Communicate and regularly review Emergency
Preparedness procedures with all home patients, including but not
limited to emergency disconnection from dialysis equipment, what to
do and who to contact if displaced from home.
* Ensure clinic and patient supply inventory and usage is
appropriate for patient prescriptions and place orders in timely
manner to avoid fees and penalties.
* Continually seek to improve patient and quality outcomes through
tracking and trending of program and patient performance, use of
critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to improve patient
and quality outcomes. Assist in obtaining data for the continuous
quality improvement activities.
* Obtain routine and non-routine laboratory tests as ordered and
communicate critical lab values and urgent patient needs to the
responsible physician or physician extender in a timely manner.
* Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
* Responsible for performing on call nursing services, nights and
weekends, on a rotational basis as needed or assigned.
* Flexible with staffing locations and hours to accommodate patient
and USRC home program needs.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required for the position.
Home Hemodialysis Only:
* Coordinate home evaluation with technical services department to
ensure that the necessary electrical, plumbing and drainage
requirements for proper equipment operation are met prior to
patient acceptance into home program.
* Ensure required and appropriate water sampling is complete per
policy and product requirements. Monitor and report water sample
and culture results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Current RN license in applicable state. License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
* 12 months of clinical experience in providing nursing care and 3
months of experience in the specific modality for which the nurse
will provide home dialysis training, except in states with a more
stringent requirement such as Texas, which requires at least 6
months experience in the specific home modality.
* Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on
maintenance dialysis preferred.
* CPR certification required prior to patient care assignment.
* Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
* Must successfully complete the Home Therapy Nurse Orientation
program and maintain annual demonstration of skills and competency
applicable for the modality assigned.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
* Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
* Ability to meet minimum hiring standards which may include
additional background clearances and orientation requirements if
applicable to the program assigned to for employment.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
HourlyEmployees of US Renal Care must be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of
employment. Individuals with medical or sincerely held religious
beliefs, practices or observances that prevent them from receiving
the COVID-19 vaccine may request an exemption to the COVID-19
vaccination requirement. This requirement does not apply to
positions that are 100% remote and have no direct interaction with
patients or staff.BedfordTexas
Keywords: US Renal Care, Bedford , Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RN - Dialysis, Healthcare , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!