RN -Circulating/Pre-op/Post-op ASC - Preoperative
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 21, 2022
RN -Circulating/Pre-op/Post-op ASCJob Description Bedford, Texas
Job ID R0042012
We work only day-shift.
No Call. No evening shift. No night shift. No holidays.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides nursing care to the patient during pre and post-operative
phases. Performs nursing activities in the Cath Lab holding area.
Answers patient questions and assists with physician needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports the goals and objectives of the facility, participates
in programs directed toward patient and staff safety, risk
management and quality management; respond to emergency situations
with competence and composure.
* Participates in primary care of patients as indicated to enhance
the quality of care given; coordinates patient care activities with
medical staff and health care team members to provide continuity of
patient care; enforces the implementation of nursing practice
standards to provide quality patient care.
* Performs the circulating nurse's functions adhering to approved
Cath lab procedures (i.e. ensure equipment is functioning properly,
supplies and instruments are ready before starting procedures,
assists staff and anticipate needs of team as required).
* Provide moderate sedation to the patient while maintaining
* Accurately assess and interprets age-specific patient data and
responds to questions and instructions accordingly.
* Performs according to approved policies and procedures and
reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and
* Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify
opportunities to improve performance and quality of care or seeks
further guidance, as needed.
* Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing
education and other learning experiences; attends and actively
participates in meetings, in-services, conferences, quality
management activities, according to job duties and facility
* Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and
* Perform other nursing duties as needed or required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment used can vary in complexity. Equipment aids and/or
coworkers may provide assistance.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
There is a two-person assist program and material assist devices
for the heavier items.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and/or walking and the employee must be able to bend over.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
* Registered Nurse license required (active)
* ACLS/BLS certification required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* 2 - 5 years' related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
* Minimum 3 years of experience in preoperative or critical care
* Experience in a cardiac cath lab preferred
* Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
* Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Bedford , RN -Circulating/Pre-op/Post-op ASC - Preoperative, Healthcare , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!