Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit - PRN
Company: Texas Health Resource
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Night Shift -- ICU Unit for Texas
Health HEB Fast-paced, high-acuity ICU unit y is looking for top
skilled nurses. Is that you? Work location: Texas Health HEB, 1600
Hospital Parkway Bedford, TX 76022 Work hours: PRN Level III/per
diem, Night -Shift 7p -- 7a; minimum requirement: 6 shift/per
6-week schedule, 2 weekend shift/per 6-week schedule, 1 major/2
minor holiday requirement ICU Department highlights:
- 18-bed Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) that also
specializes in Trauma, Neurosurgical, and Cardiovascular patient
- Opportunities to train to high acuity skills, including
Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP), Targeted Temperature Management,
Impella, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), etc.
- As a nurse on this unit, you'll have opportunities for
professional growth, career development, and outstanding support to
ensure we provide the highest level of quality care to every
patient every time.
- Fast-paced, high-acuity unit
- We offer 24/7 Intensivist coverage which provides exceptional
pulmonary critical care patient oversight.
- The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and
understanding of patient's affiliations.
- National Certification Preparation and Courses offered, as well
as test reimbursement/bonus
- Great nurse/doctor collaboration
- Looking to expand our Neurosurgery and Cardiac Surgery service
lines Here's What You Need
- Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the
Texas Board of Nursing upon hire required
- BCLS - prior to providing independent patient care and
maintained quarterly required
- ACLS - within 90 days required
- NIHSS - within 30 days of hire
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training - within 60 days
- 1-year experience as a clinical nurse required
- Current ICU strongly preferred What You Will Do Delivers care
to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- Assesses the patient
- Plans the care of the patient
- Intervenes as appropriate
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures
into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift,
inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Benefits for prn employees include 401k, Employee Assistance
Program EAP and Tobacco Cessation program.
- Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing
education, nursing research and innovations in nursing
- Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities
for growth. Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like
Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we've won and
more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email
your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keywords: Texas Health Resource, Bedford , Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit - PRN, Healthcare , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!