Nurse - EMT - LVN - RN - Physician Substitute
Company: Kedrion Biopharma, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
**KEDPLASMA provides a friendly and rewarding working
environment with frequent opportunities for cross-training and
advancement. For this role, we are looking for applicants that are
either a state-certified nurse (RN or LPN), paramedic (EMT) or
physician's assistant. Please apply if you meet any of the criteria
described below, with relation to the job duties and
responsibilities. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status.**
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
1. Provide donor satisfaction through appropriate interaction and
responsiveness to donor needs.
2. Determine donor suitability by evaluating normal healthy donors
for plasmapheresis procedures and immunizations that meet the
criteria of normal plasma donors in accordance with DCOPs, the FDA,
OSHA, CLIA and cGMP and Company policies as well as educational
3. Explain informed consents for plasmapheresis and immunization to
donors including a description of the plasmapheresis procedure,
hazards, potential adverse reactions, and specific immunization
4. Answer and discuss any donor questions and ensure that the donor
is given a clear opportunity to refuse participation.
5. Perform physical examinations for donors and review accumulated
data in a timely manner to confirm established donor
6. Assist in performing the following duties in the Donor Room as
necessary: complete plasmapheresis and whole blood procedures;
ensure donor safety and monitor for reactions, encourage donor's
return visits by maintaining a cheerful and friendly attitude;
ensure accurate documentation on the donor chart.
7. Supervise or personally provide for the immediate needs of a
donor experiencing an acute, untoward reaction to plasmapheresis or
8. Administer immunizations following DCOP's and manufacturers
insert; monitor responses.
9. As necessary, provide appropriate and confidential counseling to
10. Maintain the Center's emergency medical kit and equipment in
accordance with DCOP's to ensure that equipment is up to date and
11. Review test results and consult with Center physician on any
unusual, abnormal, or elevated test results and non-routine
situations in addition to all medical incidents which must also be
reviewed by Center physician.
12. Any other duties as required by Supervisor.
1. Graduate of a recognized healthcare-related educational program
such as a nursing or physician assistant. Emergency medical
technicians (EMTs) may be approved if prior experience is at an
advanced level of operation.
2. Must have excellent patient/donor assessment skills.
3. Must be able to manage emergency situations in accordance with
standard medical care practices and with a calm demeanor.
4. Must be currently licensed in the state in which the center
5. Previous work experience should demonstrate adaptability to
changing priorities, excellent attention to detail legible
handwriting and the ability to deal effectively with people.
6. Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate
leadership and supervisory skills.
7. Must maintain current and valid licenses and pass medical
1. Ability to sit or stand for up to four (4) hours at a time.
2. Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
3. Ability to operate computer software including DMS (with
training) and Microsoft Office.
4. Be able to bend, stoop or kneel.
5. Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
6. Physical ability to perform CPR and sufficient mobility to
immediately assist in any adverse donor reactions.
7. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects,
tools or controls.
Keywords: Kedrion Biopharma, Inc., Bedford , Nurse - EMT - LVN - RN - Physician Substitute, Healthcare , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!