VP, Product Management, Application Platforms
Company: Aspen Technology, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The driving force behind our success has always been the people
of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and
ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle,
challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You
will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in
many ways - from a rich set of career development programs to
support of community service projects to social events that foster
fun and relationship building across our global community.The
RoleThe Vice President, Product Management for Application
Platforms will provide strategic vision and leadership in close
collaboration with Products and Technology teams to advance the use
of Industry 4.0 technologies within our products and solutions
through application platform strategies that transform customer
total experience. This senior product management role will
collaborate with Products leadership on our application platform
strategies that drive alignment for roadmap and go to market
strategies. Key application platform areas of strategic focus
include (1) strategic theme initiatives that result in aligned
product roadmap priorities, (2) inclusion of Industry 4.0
technologies and Web/Mobile experience with human centric design to
transform customer total experience, and (3) Industry 4.0 partner
ecosystem product strategies. The Vice President, Product
Management for Application Platforms will report to the Senior Vice
President, Products. The right candidate will be a seasoned Product
Management and Strategy leader with strong commercial and
technology expertise that is on a mission to deliver products and
solutions that create high value customer outcomes, thrives on
solving tough problems, possesses strong communications and
collaboration skills, has a passionate for coaching
high-performance teams, demonstrates a high degree of ownership and
innovation, and challenges teams to delight customers.Your
- Lead and direct Product Management for Application Platforms by
identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding
people, and supporting on-going succession planning for a world
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and manage complex issues that
drive product priorities and demonstrate bottom line results
including long term pricing and commercialization strategies.
- Provides insights and perspective on key market, technology,
and competitive trends that impact present and future business
- Leads application platform strategies that align products and
solutions with portfolio strategic themes for customer value
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, agile
practices, product design and development approaches, and the
operational activities of a technology organization.
- Leads application platform strategies that form the foundation
for advancing product and solutions, thinks deeply about success
metrics, and obsesses over the stability, scalability, and
extensibility of application platforms.
- Application platforms lifecycle accountability that includes;
business strategies, capabilities and requirements, acquisition
recommendations, discontinuation, licensing and pricing, consistent
stage-gate validation of business and GTM plans, and ensuring
efficient speed to market from idea to launch and through scaling
- Nurtures relationships across functional teams and third-party
partnerships to ensure strong team cohesion resulting into superior
- Leads application platform strategies that support OEM product
- Leads customer advisory board that guides application platform
strategies for products and solutions to influence products and
solutions vision and strategic themes.What You'll Need
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science, MS in Engineering and/or
an MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of product and portfolio management experience and
leadership in products and solutions businesses, experience with
SaaS based offerings is a plus.
- 10+ years of business acumen in developing market insights and
value propositions in the capital-intensive industries including
products and GTM strategies that results in growth and
- Experienced in leading complex organizations that grow
organically and through acquisitions.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and align geographically
dispersed team across products and GTM functions to deliver
products and solutions based on applications platforms.
- Has transformed application portfolios into modern Web/Mobile
solutions including proactive migration of customers through new
- Formulated and led human centric product design initiatives to
transform user experience in a web/mobile total experience
- Developed and led implementation of complex business strategies
- Experienced in planning, forecasting, and budgeting for
operating and long-range strategic initiatives.
- Expertise with Industry 4.0 technologies including AI, Cloud,
and IoT deployed to enable application platforms.
- Located in Bedford, MA or Houston, TX.
- Less than 30% travel required.
- Industry visionary with a deep understanding of
capital-intensive industries, their users, future growth levers,
and the organizational acumen to bring vision to fruition through
application platform strategies across the product portfolio.
- Inspirational leader with a passion for elegance, simplicity,
the ability to inspire and motivate to execute on vision by guiding
products teams in rapidly changing, complex environments.
- Fast learner that can quickly grasp new business and technical
subjects, able to explain resulting value in simple terms based on
- Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem
solving, and negotiation skills that drives accountability with
- Communicates information and ideas in an articulate, focused,
and compelling way.
- Establishes trust by being open, honest, consistent, and
ethical, seeks to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Player/coach that inspires extraordinary efforts with positive
attitudes, drive, and determination.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals
at all levels in the organization, and across time zones and
- Performs well under pressure leading multiple priorities with
competing demands for resources while instilling confidence in
- Technical experience that demonstrates ability to hold your own
with Products and Technology teams.
Keywords: Aspen Technology, Inc., Bedford , VP, Product Management, Application Platforms, Executive , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!