Director, Product Management: Process Simulation for Energy
Company: Aspen Technology, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
The driving force behind our success has always been the people
of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and
ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle,
challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You
will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in
many ways - from a rich set of career development programs to
support of community service projects to social events that foster
fun and relationship building across our global community.The
RoleAspen Technology, industry leader in Process Simulation,
Engineering and Asset Optimization software is looking for a
dynamic and energetic individual as Director of Product Management,
focusing on Process Simulation for Energy solution and reporting to
the Senior Director of Product Management. The Director of Product
Management will be responsible for overseeing solution development
and field enablement while driving alignment across key stakeholder
groups, including Product Marketing, Product Management, Field
Marketing, Sales and Services. The focus will be on the overall
growth and success of the Process Simulation for Energy solution.
This role will also focus on M&A opportunities which could also
play a key role in accelerating our progress in the market. Aspen
HYSYS family of products is a key part of AspenTech's aspenONE
Engineering suite. AspenTech's Engineering suite provides market
leading products to optimize the performance of process industry
assets across the CAPEX and OPEX cycles and is integrated with
AspenTech's Manufacturing & Supply Chain and Asset Performance
Management Suites. AspenTech is the industry leader in asset
modeling and optimization for the last 35 years creating over $50bn
of value for customers in the process industries.Your Impact
- Drives growth in the Process Simulation for Energy
- Drives adoption including the adoption of new products.
- Develops and manages a winning strategy for the Process
Simulation for Energy business.
- Manages the team, driving strong team performance and
establishes a positive can-do team philosophy with high performance
- Develops strong relationships with senior stakeholders in our
leading customers and establishes a reputation for Industry thought
- Places a very significant emphasis on innovation, which is key
- Liaises with other Product Management leadership, including the
Manufacturing and Supply Chain and Sub-Surface and Engineering
- Plays a leading role in ongoing liaison with Solution
Consulting, Product Marketing, Product Management and Professional
- Maintains a very strong focus on competition and incorporating
competitive considerations in strategic and tactical plans.
- Evangelizes the AspenTech Process Simulation for Energy
solution with the Field.
- You will be expected to take initiative and bring the right
people together to brainstorm solutions, drive consensus and ensure
- Maintains a strong customer focused balance between strategy,
technology, business acumen, and real-world execution.What You'll
- 10+ years of demonstrated skills in product
management/marketing including at least 2+ years of consultative
experience in a professional services or solution consulting
- Product management/marketing leadership experience working for
an enterprise -software application company. Experience in the
Process Industries will be a strong advantage.
- Experience of having successfully run a Product Management team
of at least 5 team members.
- BS in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering
required. MBA/Advanced degree (or global equivalent) in a related
- Experience of Process Simulation modeling and optimization in
the Refinery or Oil & Gas vertical is important and experience of
working in a Refining company would be an added advantage, either
as a direct employee or as a consultant.
- Experience of cloud-based as well as on-prem technologies.
- Experience with AI also an advantage.
- Strong individual initiative and ownership, driven to achieve
results, and motivated by impact. Extremely well organized,
detail-oriented, metrics driven, and possessing a high level of
- Proven ability to create and articulate a strategy, influence
others, build support from stakeholders, present to executives, and
drive execution of the strategy. The ability to evaluate potential
strategies to forecast revenue, profitability, and market share
growth is key.
- Proven track record of leading multiple functional groups to a
- Demonstrated business acumen and industry insights to assess
the tradeoffs across technology, operations, process, people, cost,
and industry for solutions.
- Superior executive and technical communication (both written
and verbal) skills for a diverse audience including executives,
peers, cross-functional teams, and customers characterized by
clarity and brevity.
- Successful candidates will be expected to speak at conferences
and industry events.
- Leads through influence - has a strong independent perspective
and will collaborate across the organization to deliver best in
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, particularly
cross-organizationally and cross-functionally in a matrix
- Business travel of approximately 30 percent yearly is expected
for this position.
- Position is located in Bedford, MA, or Houston, TX or a remote
position may be considered.
Keywords: Aspen Technology, Inc., Bedford , Director, Product Management: Process Simulation for Energy, Executive , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!