Chief Operating Officer
Company: Gateway Church
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Reporting to Embrace Grace's President, the Chief Operating
Officer (COO) is responsible for overseeing and managing the
internal affairs of the organization, developing new programs,
overseeing and managing existing programs, conducting policy
analysis, and strongly supporting fundraising for the organization.
Fundamentally, the COO manages day-to-day operations of the
organization, grows EG's programs, ensures the quality of all EG's
work, and ensures the staff and organization attain their goals.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and have
experience managing many facets of an organization during a period
of significant growth. The COO assists the President in addressing
a range of strategic issues including enhancing organizational
effectiveness and efficiencies, providing staff leadership, along
with overall strategic planning for the organization as a whole and
for individual programs and initiatives. The COO provides strong
and effective leadership by defining operational expectations,
monitoring progress in achieving those expectations, providing a
work environment supportive of organizational accomplishments and
individual growth, and evaluating the annual performance of all
employees. The COO provides the President with strategic insight in
critical areas of operations, including policy direction,
integrated communications and outreach, and operational initiatives
facing the organization. With the President, the COO prepares and
monitors annual budgets with the assistance of the Finance
Director. The COO maintains a high level of technical and
operational accuracy and quality throughout all of Embrace Grace
work including fiscal, operational, policy, and fundraising tasks.
- Provide direction and leadership for department directors and
- Establish internal structure and processes required to meet
objectives and manage day-to-day operations including program
tracking and program evaluation.
- Oversee all department directors and work with each of them
consistently on each of their objectives and help them maximize
effectiveness & efficiencies therein.
- -Identify opportunities for organizational and programmatic
- Support and advise EG's development staff including providing
structure for private, public, and individual fundraising.
- Play a strong role with the President in the oversight of all
communications, marketing, and development.
- Monitor quality of external and internal communications.
- Manage long-term program milestones and strategic objectives
including development of annual goals through a collaborative,
- Establish benchmarks and metrics to evaluate staff and
- Develop and track evaluation mechanisms for feedback and
- Work with the President to establish an annual budget and
ensure programmatic activity adheres to the budget.
- Create an environment of teamwork, appreciation and
- Foster processes for strategic planning, simplicity &
- Ensure internal control for subcontracting, grant
reimbursement, and EG's internship program are in place and
- Run internal staff meetings including preparing agendas and
troubleshooting internal management issues.
- Work with Bookkeeper to manage human resources including
establishing and determining employee benefits, internal policies,
hiring, drafting of job descriptions, performance reviews, and
payroll. Policy, Fundraising, and Communications
- -Integrate EG's program strategy with community outreach and
community organizing methods.
- -Work with the President to develop outside partnerships to
further the EG's mission.
- Lead process with President and EG staff to develop policy
content, structure, and strategies for EG's pro-life conferences,
women conferences and other EG's events.
- Support and assist in oversight of development and fundraising
tasks including grant writing, corporate sponsorships, and major
- Assist with EG's grant writing.
- Oversee organization's database, including content and
structure. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of ten years of management experience in nonprofit,
private, or public sectors preferred.
- Outstanding writing skills with an ability to write effectively
and persuasively in the areas of policy, project management,
program execution, communications, and strategic planning.
- Nonprofit leadership and experience in growing and leading
projects and programs for and within nonprofits preferred.
- Excellent research and writing skills; ability to quickly grasp
technical understanding of upcoming economic issues; excellent
organizational skills, with a high level of attention to team
building; excellent oral communication skills and public speaking;
strong computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and sensitivity in
working with confidential materials. Embrace Grace, Inc. is a
501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed for the purpose of
providing emotional, practical and spiritual support for single,
young women and their families who find themselves in an unintended
pregnancy. The primary goal of Embrace Grace is to empower churches
across the nation to be a safe and non-judging place for the girls
to run to when they find out they are pregnant, instead of the last
place they are welcomed because of shame and guilt. We provide
curriculum and resources for the church to implement our programs
and become a -Pro-Love -church. If the church, the Body of Christ,
will join together to support these girls who choose life, young
moms will be more open to not aborting their babies. Whether they
keep their baby or choose adoption, Embrace Grace is a support
system for them as they begin their journey of being a young mother
or blessing another family with their baby. Emotionally and
spiritually healthy mommies parent emotionally and spiritually
healthy babies. Through the Embrace Grace programs, lives are saved
and generations are being changed. God loves these babies and their
mommies, and we do too. Embrace Grace is operating in over 650
churches across the nation in 47 states and 10 countries!
- Address700 W. Bedford Euless Rd., Ste G, Hurst TX 76053 We're
all about people because God is all about people. One of the ways
we express our love for Him is through our love for people, and we
do that by helping each person who comes to Gateway grow in their
relationship with the Lord. It begins with our vision to see people
saved, healed, set free, discipled, equipped, empowered, and
serving. Everything we do revolves around those seven things. And
it all starts with our weekend services. We meet in six locations
across the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and you can even join us
online if you aren't in the area.
- Gateway Church will not facilitate any part of the hiring
- Gateway Church reserves the right to remove any job posting or
resume at any time for any reason.
- Gateway Church will not accept or post any network marketing
- Gateway Church will not facilitate any sort of dispute between
employers and job seekers.
Keywords: Gateway Church, Bedford , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!