Campus Dean, General Education
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director, and working
closely with the University Chair of General Education the Campus
Academic Dean is responsible for the leadership, direction,
supervision and evaluation of the general education program, and
academic support and services. - Responsibilities include academic
policy administration, instructional effectiveness, instructional
administration services, general education academic advising and
general education academic tutoring. Serves as a member of the
campus leadership team for strategic planning, fiscal management,
resource development, community relations, and policy setting. -
Assists in the development of operational and capital budgets, and
prepares reports on budgets, staffing, retention, and other program
activities as required. - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. - However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. - The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position). -
- Working closely with the Campus Executive Director and the
University Chair of General Education, plans, directs, and controls
activities concerned with the program's curriculum, instruction,
facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials in accordance with
the most current release of the Deans and Chairs Guide.
- Directs program activities to ensure compliance with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations, accrediting bodies,
and University policies and procedures in concert with other West
Coast University programs.
- Plans, directs, and provides daily guidance of didactic and
laboratory assignments and/or scheduling of classes.
- Provides leadership to address key issues of growth, retention,
and implementation of technology requirements to support the
general education program.
- Provides leadership and direction for student retention and
persistence activities and ensures faculty involvement in these
processes. Maintains, controls and orders supplies required for the
academic instruction of the program.
- Maintains copies of curricula, course outlines, objectives, and
grading criteria; faculty credentials, licenses, and
certifications; individual student records, including those
necessary to establish satisfactory completion of all requisite
general education courses in accordance with the University
Policies and Procedures.
- Functions as a member of general education program committees
as needed. -
- Oversees the campus library and, in coordination with the
University Librarian, manages the Campus Librarian.
- In collaboration with Student Affairs, assures students are
provided support services to maintain the highest level of student
achievement while safeguarding the integrity of the educational
- Ensures that faculty record daily class attendance and, grade,
record, and return all assignments and assessments promptly.
- Assures student course evaluations are administered each term,
and that the feedback is provided to faculty in a timely fashion to
improve instructional effectiveness.
- Monitors and analyzes student attrition and retention data and
works with other campus and University leaders to develop
initiatives that can be implemented to improve retention.
- Reviews and monitors curriculum and textbook proposals as
necessitated by program evaluation, accreditation/licensure
requirements, and/or market needs.
- Develops budgets, plans, and staffing requirements for the
operation of the program and manages daily operations, staffing and
expenses to remain within budget guidelines.
- Provides direction, motivation, informational support,
technical/professional guidance, and coaching to department
- Ensures adequate training, development, and competence of
- Holds routinely scheduled faculty meetings to provide for
subject matter correlation and curriculum evaluation, and to
coordinate activities of full-time, part-time and adjunct
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates department staff;
improves retention and performance efficiencies.
- Participates as part of campus leadership team, partnering with
colleagues to ensure positive student outcomes.
- Participates in professional development and organizations in
order to maintain an understanding of current ideas, research and
practices, attends meetings, workshops and seminars to enrich
personal growth, knowledge and skill in management
- Maintains professional appearance for position and is courteous
and approachable by students.
- Maintains and posts scheduled office hours.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures and provides
leadership to others through guidance and example.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as
scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the University's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance
Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or
University information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department
equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes
- Maintains order, cleanliness, and safety at work.
- Contributes to University-Wide service as assigned.
- May perform other duties as assigned. - EDUCATION: Master's
degree in higher education, teaching discipline, counseling/student
services or related field required. Terminal degree preferred. -
- A minimum of three years' experience in
- A minimum of five years' increasingly responsible management
and supervisory experience in one or more areas of academic
instructional management at the level of dean or above.
- Knowledge in organization and leadership of the operations of
the academic area to cultivate a learner-centered environment, and
to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of educational
programs and services. Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory
and management skills, administrative systems management, strategic
planning, assessment and community organization as applicable to
specialized program area. -
- Knowledge of academic management, general education,
instructional curriculum and program development and implementation
at both the course and program level, integrated instructional and
student development programs and evaluation techniques and
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
such as BRN, WASC, and other accreditation standards. -
- Experience with MS Office. -
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application
systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and
projections. ABOUT USFor over 100 years, West Coast University has
been educating and preparing students for professional careers
across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas,
Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach
to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future
healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are
Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric
learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver
transformational education within a culture of integrity and
personal accountability. Our benefited faculty and associates are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Bedford , Campus Dean, General Education, Education / Teaching , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!